Amanbagh at Ajabgarh was once the site of the Maharaja of Alwar’s hunting lodge and pleasure gardens. Today the richness is exhibited by the lavish pavilions and royal suites and exquisite rose-pink building occupies the lush surrounds. Enjoy lush greeny oasis of palm trees, fruit and eucalyptus trees lying within a walled compound in Amanbagh. Refreshing the royalty and kingly elegance of the Moghul era Amanbagh’s Haveli Suites and Pavilions provide peace and rich heritage to explore.
The bar at Amanbagh offers a cozy place to relax and unwind you. The roof terrace with sweeping views over the surrounding landscape and the large swimming pool centred within the resort’s gardens are also ideal venues for dining and refreshments.
Once the staging area for royal hunts. Evoke the palatial elegance of the Moghul era, Amanbagh’s Haveli Suites and Pool Pavilions provide a tranquil base from which to explore the rich heritage of Rajasthan, India’s dramatic frontier region. Amanbagh’s award-winning design features domed cupolas and private courtyards.
Amanbagh’s 24 Suites and 16 Pool Pavilions exude the richness of the Mughal era that inspired them. The restaurant serves Indian and a choice of Western dishes.
The spa provides a range of therapies, as well as more traditional treatments. The library has a variety of reference books on the history, arts, culture and wildlife of India, as well as a selection of novels, magazines, newspapers, audio CDs and board games.
Activities and Excursions :
- Visit the nearby 17th century Ajabgarh Fort and Temple
- Visit Baba Kapoor Shah Mosque
- Bhangarh, 15 km, is a national heritage site. It comprises an entire city of bazaars, palaces, gardens, temples and bathing pools that was deserted overnight by its inhabitants as the result of a curse
- Explore the countryside by camel cart, horseback, elephant, bicycle, jeep or Shikara boat
- There are many walking trails ranging from easy walks through rural villages to more challenging hikes into the hills.
- Day trips to Sariska National Park (about 45 minutes) and Jaipur (95 km / 2 hours)
Village – Ajabgarh
District – Alwar